While you are taking the steps to stay cancer-free, you need to keep aware of the symptoms that may be associated with cancer. These are:
- Lumpiness or a thickened area in your breasts, any changes in the shape or colour of your breasts, unusual nipple discharge, a nipple that turns inwards (if it hasn’t always been that way) or any unusual pain.
- A lump in the neck, armpit or anywhere else in the body.
- Sores or ulcers that don’t heal.
- Coughs or hoarseness that won’t go away or coughing up blood.
- Changes in toilet habits that last more than two weeks, blood in a bowel motion.
- New moles or skin spots, or ones that have changed shape, size or colour, or that bleed.
- Unusual vaginal discharge or bleeding. Unexplained weight loss.
Remember, these symptoms do not always mean cancer, and only your doctor can make a diagnosis. Report these symptoms to your healthcare provider promptly.